Saturday, February 14, 2009

Really, Mardi Gras? Really?

Mardi Gras is here. Do you know how I know? My apartment building is fenced off and there are guards at every entrance. I can’t park on the street, and to get into the building, I have to have to be wearing a wristband corresponding with the parade color of that day. My apartment number is on each wristband, and if I forget the wristband or wear the wrong color, I sleep on the streets. If that happens, though, I wont starve because I can reach out and touch 5 different funnel cake and corndog stands. It’s beautiful, really.

Photobucket

Photobucket


The upside: drinks and beads all around for the next 10 days!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke, just be careful about how you get those beads!!!!!!

Brooke said...

Don't worry. All I've ever had to do is flash this spectacular smile.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Crazy security. Have fun and be safe. I would love to hear any stories you find.

Anonymous said...

and i would love to find any stories you hear.

Anonymous said...

And I am jealous. New Orleans is one of my favorite cities. I have been there twice, pre- and post Katrina. I know I am crazy, but I would love to see Mardi Gras in full swing. All those cool floats and colors and it has to be spring like there right now. Sigh...why didn't I move to Louisiana.