Monday, February 2, 2009

Is this thing on?

I had this beautiful moment today driving across the industrial canal—the lake on my right, a giant cruise ship on the left, making my way from the upper 9th, where I successfully led my first grief and trauma group (!) through the city to the lower garden district, where I live. Twice, there was traffic and I ducked down and around and over and sideways and made it through the city quickly and efficiently, realizing: a) I know my city. At some point, my brain automatically began to calculate the shortcuts through an entire city separated by canals and interstates and really confusing u-turns. That moment felt like home. And b) I am exactly where I want to be, doing exactly what I want to do. How often does that happen?

I would also like to state for the record after careful consideration and eight articles that I have plenty of securely attached features, thankyouverymuch. I have also come up with my own theory. It’s called, we shouldn’t be forced to do 8-page reflections on a thousand articles covering the same basic theme, even if courier new does take it down to 5. It’s alarming what you find out. Did you guys know about this ‘reading’ business? Either way, bring on substance abuse. Now there's a topic I can handle. With two hands.

Winn Dixie ran out of chickpeas. I think that’s so weird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting my morning started off right! ... &making me realize that ur exactly right... i too am doing exactly what i want! yay!!

Anonymous said...

Who runs out of chickpeas?!

Anonymous said...

that's my line, yo?!

Brooke said...

yeah, you and every other true comedian in the world. kathy griffin invented it. sharing is caring, sprinky.

Anonymous said...

A few years ago, during Lent, the local meijer ran out of tofu...who does that?