Monday, February 4, 2008

One Month Party!

I am in love with Marcos.

San Marcos, that is. The school. (Despite the doctor's best efforts to get me to come "rest" in his hammock after I'd been in the hospital all day; despite Antonia's cousin offering to give me a "special tour" of the Pine Ridge-- I am in love with a school, not a Belizean.)

I love the drive to San Marcos in the morning, I love the three classes of students making up 8 grades- Infant 1 through Standard 6, I love the Mennonite ice cream. Its what I envisioned when I imagined myself in Belize...

But alas. On Friday Santa Familia school threw me a one month party to say goodbye, pinata and all! The picture sequence is below:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Each class also read poems, made signs and did skits to show me what they learned. Here are some favorite signs, as they appear:
  • Thanks miss Bruck for coming in our class and teach us a bout drung effect.
  • Thanks Miss Brooke for your precious time that you offered us
  • Thanks you brook for the things you teach us about drougs and the things you give us.
  • Thanks you Brooke for being here with us and showing your love and affection to us. Have a safe trip.
  • For my friend Brooke. Thank you for coming and teach us good lesson about druges. I hope you come again. It was a plesur to have you her. good biy.
  • Miss bruck, happy birthday.
  • Thank you Brooke for everything. I learn many things about drugs effect. The picture that you showed me were very interesting.
  • Thank you brooke for teaching us about good things that we did no.
  • Thanks you miss brooke for being good with us. I will never forget you. Thanks you for teaching us a good lesson.
  • Thanks you Brooke becuawse you came to teach us in our classe and thanks you for telling us about smoking and good biy friend.
  • Thank Miss Brooke. For teaching us and helping us. Thank you for the thing. And God will tak cyar of you. Thanks Miss Brooke.
Here are some pics of the party:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the gifts

Photobucket

Inez running to get the laundry before the rain (I just thought it was funny)

Photobucket

And the rainbow after the storm

Photobucket


Some pics of my day at the caves with Ms. Elda (the Standard IV teacher) and her family:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the zoo.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry for the sloppiness and disorganization. I have limited internet access and I'm borrowing David's computer. I am receiving all your emails and they are most encouraging even if I can't respond-- please don't stop! I am feeling much better, and finished my last round of meds yesterday. Love and Miss you!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

to the COME BACK KID!
XXOO Congratulations on your Come Back!
Glad to hear your moving around again. I am feeling better. Please take care and don't eat anymore worms!

xxxooo and prayers.
Grammy

Suzanne, Authentic Woman said...

YEAH! You're back to good health! Praying continually that you will touch lives as they are touching yours!

Thank you, Brooke, for sharing -Love the pictures!

Have a 'pico rey' candy for me from the 'store' at San Marcos' school! YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke,
Loved reading your blog today (I missed it for a while)Praise God you are on the mend and have learned alot about amoebas? So excited for you that God has you right where you belong and you are leaving a lasting impression on those kids.
Love you
carole

Anonymous said...

man, bring me back a parasite.
juuuuuuuuuust kidding.
i'm glad you're feeling better.

loveya.

Unknown said...

Hi Baby! Kids' signs are sooo cute! I can just hear them saying what they wrote! How far is Marcos from Antonia's? How are the schools different? How is San Marcos different from Santa Familia? Did they have other animals besides monkeys at the zoo? Is that the "blue hole" you wre talking about? CAn't wait to hear more. 13" of snow here and still coming down! Love you!

Unknown said...

A. thanks for filling me in on the fact that you approve the post first. that's why i don't get instant gratification and i don't need to keep posting duplicates.
B. I love you.
C. you're skinny
D. it's hot
E. you're my hero
F. I'm so proud of you.
G. thank goodness you kicked that bugs but.
H. smile sweet friend.
I. I miss you.