Saturday, March 15, 2008

Goodbyes & The OC

Previously on the Brooke-C (my own real life version of the OC):

  • San Marcos school threw a good-bye party.
  • I received 26 key chains, 2 t-shirts, 4 snow globes and a porcelain dolphin.
  • We ate huge, overflowing plates of coconut rice & beans, chicken, tortillas and coleslaw- the staple Belizean meal.
  • We played volleyball all afternoon, teachers & parents vs. students
  • It was perfect

The dish-washing/kitchen cleaning committee:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(She ran out of chips, plus she couldn't play with the 409)

Photobucket

The serving committee

Photobucket

The eating committee

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"So, how do you feel about our government's export of local wheat for ethanol production in the States?"

"Well, personally I think its a misappropriation of our local resources and puts us at a disadvantage."

The surprise good-bye assembly

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My entire heart was in this school. It was a hard good-bye, though the porcelain dolphin and alligator snow globe made things easier.

In the meantime, after only one episode on a random Thursday last week, I came home to find the entire family addicted to The OC.

Photobucket

Photobucket

When I went to sleep, Inez was watching. When I woke up, she was watching, when I left for school, she was watching. Then one day, Ricardo started watching, and then Bryon and Richard. I became sort of concerned when I walked into the kitchen one night to find the whole family, plus Mr. & Mrs. Cabb, deeply engrossed in whether or not Ryan and Marissa would end up together. I tried to pull the plug. There was a mild panic when the electricity went out for a few hours and Season 2 disc 6 was stuck in the DVD player...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this family.

4 comments:

collinsfamily3 said...

They are your belize soul mates.

Anonymous said...

that kills me(in a good way)! the oc really is life changing.

+ said...

i can't believe they're hooked on oc. what will they do when you're gone? and where exactly are you going now?

Jason said...

Goodbyes are almost always tough. Sounds like you made a great impression on everyone there. I'm sure they will always remember you. Where are you off to now?